• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need an accounting of the trust

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

vixenn

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

My brother was appointed executor of my parent's estate in 1996. My father died in July of 05. My mother died in Aug. of 06. On July 6, 06, my sister went to my mother's hospital room with a form for her to sign. It was a change of trustee form removing my brother replaced by my sister. The form is notorized, but I'm still not sure if the notory went to the hospital with my sister, or if the form was signed then taken to be notorized. (I have a copy of form) Mom was heavily medicated and I believe she did not know what she was signing. I believe that form is invalid because she was medicated and not of sound mind. (I have the name of the doctor administering medications for heart and lungs)
If my parents had wanted my sister to be trustee of the estate, they would have appointed her back in '96. There is no reason Mom would have knowingly changed the trustee. Either I or my brother I were not notified of the change until the day after Mom died.
I hired a lawyer with little help. The estate lawyer won't answer my questions. I would like an accounting of all money into and out of the estate account(s) from day one. I have reason to believe that she is using funds from the estate account for her personal use, as she has very little income and needs to support a house and 5 acres of property, but I need to prove that. My sister rented my parents house to friends of hers and the place is a mess. It was rented for 4 months beginning Dec. How can we get them out by April? Parts of the trust have been violated and I would like her removed as trustee. What do I need to do? Can I file a petition to the court? If so, how do I go about doing that?
Thank you for any help!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">