• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

First arrest ever

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

qtinnc1971

What is the name of your state? NORTH CAROLINA

First let me say I am female
I was arrested for simple assault(hitting my fiance a neighbor called the cops) anyway i have never been arrested before. Two questions can I try a prayer for judgemen? Are there any breaks for first time offenders? i go to court next month and have been in anger management counseling and regular counseling.

Please help i am a wreck and terrified about court. I will have a public deefender if that helps any,. :(

Bretagne

It is highly likely that you can get a prayer for judgment continued or some other form of diversion. Will your fiancee support you? If so, he should appear with you to tell the prosector and the judge that he doesn't want you to be prosecuted, that everything is worked out, etc.

qtinnc1971

First Arrest Ever

Well it is the state against me. He will support me but we arent suppose to have any contact now. The forms say he is a states witness. Couldnt be hurtful to have him there?

fairisfair

If he doesn't testify against you, then the state doesn't have a witness.
really? what about the neighbor who called the police? what about the statement that the fiance made to the police? what about any physical evidence observed by the police?

fairisfair

It is highly likely that you can get a prayer for judgment continued or some other form of diversion. Will your fiancee support you? If so, he should appear with you to tell the prosector and the judge that he doesn't want you to be prosecuted, that everything is worked out, etc.
Bret, you know that doesn't matter!!! :p

fairisfair

Well it is the state against me. He will support me but we arent suppose to have any contact now. The forms say he is a states witness. Couldnt be hurtful to have him there?
Gee, I wonder if it was "hurtful" when you smacked him upside of the head ??(or whatever altercation you created that necessitated your neighbors calling the police)

fairisfair

And that matters...why? How?

Oh! I get it! You're FEMALE, so it's OKAY that YOU hit your bf! Oh!

It would have been definitely different if you were MALE and HIT a FEmale...
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
Oh Darlin' you know why? Cause us poor little 'ole females can't make a logical decision or pack a whallop. LOL ;) :p :D

outonbail

Oh Darlin' you know why? Cause us poor little 'ole females can't make a logical decision or pack a whallop. LOL ;) :p :D
I'll agree with part about not being able to make a logical decision, at least not when the emotions have taken over directing the show.

But I've known a few who've packed one hell of a punch, which they dish out when your least expecting it! :eek:

Just Blue

If he doesn't testify against you, then the state doesn't have a witness.
If he is subpoenaed and doesn't show up he will be in contempt of court and an arrest warrant may be issued for his arrest. Do not give this kind of advice, or you will be banned from this site. You do not know the law or even how to interpret what you google. Stop posting until you know what you say is accurate.

gawm

really? what about the neighbor who called the police? what about the statement that the fiance made to the police? what about any physical evidence observed by the police?
jgargano03 didn't say they won't have any evidence, he just said they won't have a witness. Technically, he's right.:D

fairisfair

outonbail;1595141[B said:
]I'll agree with part about not being able to make a logical decision, at least not when the emotions have taken over directing the show.[/B]But I've known a few who've packed one hell of a punch, which they dish out when your least expecting it! :eek:
I am putting my money on that is why you got smacked!!! :p ;) :D

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">