• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

forced consent

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

treehugnhipee

after a search warrant was served for my house and nothing was found but = a safe with a sign stating that contents are for attorney use only = the police went to the jail where they had my husband detained and told him that he would have to give them the combination of the safe or our children would not be released to his mother(I was not home when they kicked in my door)
naturally he did they went back to the house and opened the safe which had some cocaine and a money bag containing a large sum of money is this legal due to the fact that the consent to search was not given willingly? and if found to be so does everything that they seized have to be returned includeing the "tainted $ " as it was called ? this incident occured in the state of texas

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">