• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

How Long will this go on?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

N

nylizzie

I was injured on the job in June of '96. I ruptured a disc in my back and have been receiving comp continually since early 97. I had unsuccessful surgery in Jan 98 and my doctors have deemed me permanently disabled with a degenerative disc disease caused from the accident. The comp doctor has also stated in numerous reports that my disability is total and prognosis for recovery is poor. Yet I am constantly bombarded with doctors, physical therapy, pain therapy, every test you can imagine, all coming from comp. the results are always the same. I always go because I cannot afford to have them cut off my checks for refusal of treatment. I also receive SSDI as the state of ny has also deemed me permanently disabled.
My question is, I know the process is long, but if my doctors, the comp doctors and the state have all arrived at the same conclusion,and the job has never contested the validity of the injury, how long can this thing be dragged out. It will be 5 years in June. Also, since they have continually paid benefits since 1997 am I entitled to a settlement when all is said and done, or are they required only to continue salary payments which is 2/3 what my pay was back in 1995.
Lizzie in New York

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">