• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

CHILD ABUSE/NEGLECT

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LVETT

I am new to this however, I live in Illinois and I have a niece that lives in Missouri. The problem is she is 16 years of age and she is pregnant by her 34 year old boyfriend. The mother refuses to press charges against the man.We (my brother and I) have contacted the police in Missouri as well as Child Welfare Services. They have not done anything to help us. She has been in a "relationship" with this man for almost 3 years. About a month ago the police went to the home because we received information that he had beat her up. Well basically the police did nothing. They know of the situation as well as the 34 year old man who is a convicted felon. What I would like to know is rights does the father have any rights trying to file statuory rape against this man. He(my brother) has never been married to the mother. Also the children have been involved in the juvenile system for various offenses. This has been an ongoing problem. We have made reports in Missouri and Illinois when they were residents here and still nothing was done. So what can we do as being concerned for her health and well being? Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">