• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

restitution and hardship

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

looneycaballero

What is the name of your state? ny\
i pled guilty on an embezzelment charge in nj. i was sentanced to probation and restitution of 80,000. i am now a stay at home mom expecting another child. i have only 4 months left on probation. can i file a motion or something on hardship so once my probation is over i can stop restitution?

Silverplum

i pled guilty on an embezzelment charge in nj. i was sentanced to probation and restitution of 80,000. i am now a stay at home mom expecting another child. i have only 4 months left on probation. can i file a motion or something on hardship so once my probation is over i can stop restitution?
Why? Because you got knocked up and don't bother to work? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Just Blue

Why should the person you stole from stop being paid because you have children you can't afford? Get a job and pay your restitution!

ceara19

So your probation officer in New Jersey had no problem with you moving to New York and not working? Felony probation usually REQUIRES you to hold down a job.

Kane

Prosecutors and judges are usually sticklers about restitution. They may be willing to waive fees and fines, but restitution is often the reason they put people like you on probation in the first place. I'm guessing, when you took probation, you told them you would be able to pay the victim back.

Btw, what happened to the $80K?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">