• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Felony versus misdemeanor terrostic threats (GA), and procedure

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Elenn

What is the name of your state? Georgia

A friend (Mark) got very drunk one night and made several angry phone calls to a relative, who then called the police, who intercepted a couple of the calls and was also verbally threatened by Mark. He was subsequently charged with both Misdemeanor Harrasing phone Calls and Felony Terroristic Threats, was arrested, jailed, went to a preliminary hearing, and was bonded out. I'm a reference on his bond and I'm getting nervous.

It's been over 6 months and neither Mark or I are sure of what happens now. He thinks he was advised that his case is awaiting a grand jury hearing, but has not been contacted by anyone. He has no money for a lawyer and doesn't know at what point he gets a public defender, so he can investigate the possibility of the charges being dropped or reduced to a misdemeanor.

What can he expect now? We don't even know what court to check with to see the status of his case. Can anyone tell us where to start?

outonbail

Hmmm, that's a tough question,,,, I can see where you would have trouble figuring this out.

So lets see,,,, I think I'm going to have to go with, the same court that he went to a preliminary hearing at?
I'll bet this would be a good place to start. Just go to the clerks window and have them pull his case up on the computer, then ask them the same questions your posting here!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">