• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

fitness center membership

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

D

dartucktla

I was not aware that the membership at the fitness center had an automatic renewal. I found this out when the automatic draft came out of my checking account. When I noticed this it was fourteen days before the next draft date. I then cancelled the auto draft at my bank by a stop payment. I also called that same day and talked to a representative at the servicing company. The representative said I would still have to pay the next months dues because it was less than thirty days before the draft date. On a letter head that I received at the begining of the contract it said that in order to discontinue drafting you must notify them within ten days of the draft date. I did this over the phone and sent a fax to them. It did not state that it had to be in writing. On a letter I just received they had added a four dollar charge to the next months dues.
However I had already given the required ten day notice to discontinue drafting. Can they still charge me the additional four dollars? Am I bound to pay the next months dues since it was less than thirty days for the cancellation? This is in the state of Arkansas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">