• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help with Short Term Disability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MJW1961

What is the name of your state? Delaware

I have been on Short Term Disability since 12/19/06, I have been getting my check every
friday up until a week ago when Hartford Insurance stopped my claim stating they needed
an update, which hasn't been a problem in the past, Matter of fact this goes on every week, Now all of the sudden My neurosurgeon sends in the form I had Brain surgery on 2-8-07 and Hartford states that they need more information when they get it it takes 5 or more days for them to process it, Well the information was sent in and Hartford again states they need more information this has been going on for over a week now, I have lost my cars and now i will lose my home I can not even afford my medication this is all the income i have coming in. I have a condition that is rare Chiari Malformation with syrinx there is no cure for what i have and they know this. My neurologist has complied with every demand as well as every doctor i have seen, But Hartford keeps stating that they need more information, All of my doctors state that it seems as if Hartford doesn't want to pay, not only have my doctors sent in the required forms they have spoken to Hartford on the phone, they are told everything looks great and then i get that phone call stating that they need more information. This has caused a great deal of stress and not to mention time not only for me but for the doctors as well, I have a power of attorney and he has done everything he can. What should i do Or what can I do Hartford stated that they have never had to pay a claim this long.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">