• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Trespassing?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Captain_007

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hey, I'm not sure if this is in the right place, but I had a few questions about Florida's Trespassing Laws, and I wanted to see to what extent I could go if someone threatened me over the phone.

I told this person not to step foot on my property or I would call the cops, he then told me that if he wasn't causing a disturbance they wouldn't/couldn't do anything. But I thought that after I told him not to come over, if he did he could be charged.

And... he had threatened me over the phone, saying he's going to come to my house and get what he wants from me. I said to do himself a favor, don't threaten me and stay away from my house. He replied with I will threaten you, and I promptly hung up the phone.

This person is claiming that I owe him $80. I do owe $80 to an ex-friend of mine, but I will put the money in his hands and no one else's. Especially not some little Eastlake punk trying to scare me. I'm not scared, and I'm not amused.

Just wondering if the trespassing would stand, and if I could file a report about the threats.

Thanks,
Much Love
Nora

You Are Guilty

And don't take no smack jive off some Eastlake punk.
:D
Attndnt : Can I get you something?
Jivemn2 : S'mo fo butter layin' to the bone. Jackin' me up. Tightly.
Attndnt : I'm sorry I don't understand.
Jivemn1 : Cutty say he cant hang.
Woman4 : Oh stewardess, I speak jive.
Attndnt : Ohhhh, good.
Woman4 : He said that he's in great pain and he wants to know if you can help him.
Attndnt : Would you tell him to just relax and I'll be back as soon as I can with some medicine.
Woman : Jus' hang loose blooood. She goonna catch up on the rebound a de medcide.
Jivemn2 : What it is big mamma, my mamma didn't raise no dummy, I dug her rap.
Woman4 : Cut me som' slac' jak! Chump don wan no help, chump don git no help. Jive ass dude don' got no brains anyhow.
Sheeeeeeee-it!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">