• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Return of Siezed Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

evigindenver

What is the name of your state? Colorado.
I was arrested last month for Agg MV theft after a really long bad day. I was not driving the vehicle but I was riding in it. After being arrested I was taken to a different county for interrogation on another crime I was not involved in. While this was happening (for four hours) the police from the county I live in and the county I was being held in had gone to my house, which I was not arrested in or near and searched it. Not only searched but answered my phone claiming to be my boyfriend to the callers at the other end of the line.
After four hours of interogation on events that had nothing to do with motor vehicle theft in one county I was told I was to be released after I did a walk through. At the end of the walk through I was put back into cuffs and into a police car to be questioned by the other county. I was driven to in front of my house where I sat for one and a half hours to watch the gang unit, task force, and hazardous materials unit go in and out of my house. Finally I was booked into the county in which I was arrested in city jail about eight hours after being arrested. I spent the night there and went to court the next morning and issued a PR bond. 2 weeks later I went to court for my 2nd Advisement on the MV Theft charges and was told there was no charges being filed and I was free to go. Here is my issue. when the police were in my house they destroyed all of my furniture dishes and just about anything that could break. Also upon leaving they took four of my computer towers as evidence. I was told by one of the cops he would make sure I could retrieve at least one of these towers but have seen nothing. I have called and left him messages much to no avail. Can they hold my property after charges were not filed?What is the name of your state?

Some Random Guy

Depending on the charges they are investigating, they may take a year or more before filing charges. Evidence will not be released during their investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">