• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Did I buy a lemon?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

james anderson

I purchased a new 2000 excursion with a 7.3L V8
Deisel engine. Since I purchased it, I have had
nothing but trouble starting it. When it is cold
It will not start. I have taken a hour sometimes
starting this thing. And when it does start, it
smokes the whole neighborhood up. I have had it
to the garage once already and they said that if I
had any more trouble with it to bring it back. Well
low and behold, as soon as I got it back home, the
next morning it did the same thing. I babied it
for another 2-3 weeks before I had enough and called
them to come and get it. I could not start it. It
had to be hauled to the dealership. I called
a week later, and they tell me they do not know
what is wrong with it and can't find out how to
fix it yet. they have now had it for 10 days.
DO I HAVE A LEMON?????????????????

T

TimC

I don't want to insult your intelligence, so please bear with me.

I know from experience that there is a certain process to starting a diesel vehicle, which CAN BE different from a gasoline engine. If you do it wrong, you will get the symptoms that you describe. Check your owners manual and follow the instructions for starting to the letter, and see if the problem persists.

racer72

Contact immediatly the Ford regional service representitive. Any Ford dealer will give you the information. Tell him your problem and the dissatifaction with the service from the dealer. The regional reps are paid by Ford, not the dealer, so they are looking out more for the consumers than the dealer. They can pressure the dealer to make the repairs and if necessary, replace the vehicle. Also ask about any service bulletins issued by Ford. The mechanics at dealers hate reading them so they may not know of a problem. Call the service manager daily, be a real pest. You paid a lot of money for the vehicle to drive it, not to have it set at a dealers service department. I pestered the service manager of a Toyota dealer over the transmission in my truck that kept getting stuck in second gear. The third time it happened, I camped at the dealer till it was fixed. When they opened, I was there, when they closed, I was still there. Got a new transmission with a life time guarantee.

L

lawrat

Good advice from Racer but Ford is way too involved with class action suits to deal with you right now. I see the suits and corporate is pretty much not able to help you. Tight lip policy

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">