• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Questioning

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

LegalWithAnI

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Lets say the cops wanted to question me about a crime and I don't want to talk.

What would they need to take me into questioning. Would they need a warrant or what.

outonbail

What is the name of your state? Georgia

Lets say the cops wanted to question me about a crime and I don't want to talk.

What would they need to take me into questioning. Would they need a warrant or what.
You don't have to talk to the police about a crime they believe you know something about or are involved in, whether they arrest you for it or not.

Going to the station for questioning would be completely voluntary.

Going in handcuffs would be a good indication that you've been arrested. But even when you've been brought in wearing handcuffs, answering their questions would still be voluntary on your part.
So beyond giving them your name and address information, I strongly suggest you do not answer their questions and do not say anything to them or anyone else, without an attorney being present.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">