• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Power of Attorney

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Flowers

What is the name of your state? New York
Husband suffered a stroke which has left him unable to speak and partially paralised ..He understands what you say to him.

His writing hand is very shaky and can barely write...How can he sign a power of attorney and will it be valid if his signature is not like on his driver's license or other paperwork.

He is in long-term care and I have to be able to get info on his behalf, sign tax documents, pay his credit cards and be able to get money from his bank account which is all from pensions and social security. I have been signing his name to checks since January when the stroke happened and I just want things to be legal. At least 2/3 of his checking money will be going to pay the nursing home as he will be on Medicaid and they will take x number of dollars as his contribution. They will allow me to keep a certain percentage of his social security and pension as his wife.

What can I do?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">