• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question regarding fraud

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

PASS

What is the name of your state? CA

Not sure if this is right forum to post.
I am not involved with this directly, but I am asking for a fellow friend who told me about this. Apparently there is a physician who apparently committed insurance fraud (billed to private insurances for special lab testing) but never actually sent the tests, although the lab does exist. He works with four other physicians who found out and he was asked to leave the group (shareholder). That physician now has set up another practice and has used an incorporated name that seems to already belong to somebody else elsewhere. I think he has already been reported to the Medical Board and to the police and the insurances involved are aware of such. The other physicians has a lawyer but not sure how aggressive she has been with taking any further action. Of course, it would take months before any investigation may start. Is there any other authorities that should be notified and take action before any more damage is done?What is the name of your state?

GP

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">