• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Personal Represenative Fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dafroeh

What is the name of your state? Michigan

Father died. Will was simple, his estate to be divided equally among 4 adult children, except the house which was left to one specific adult child (out of the 4). Total gross value of estate is approx $500,000 including house. PR is one of the beneficiaries.

Personal rep wants to charge estate 5% of the gross value of the estate as the personal rep fee. I have 5 specific questions:

1) Is it legal to charge a flat fee of the gross value of the estate as PR fee in Michigan?

2) What is condidered a resonable fee in Michigan? - was told about $25/hour is condsidered resonable in Michigan.

3) Does the probate court have to approve of the PR fee in advance of the probate being closed

4) How do I object legally to the fee, and is there a time limit, i.e. before or after probate.

5) I have a copy of the probate court papers but it does not specify a fee nor does the will. Can the PR file her fee with probate anytime and do I have to be notified if this occurs.

Thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">