• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

can he do this to me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jfu111

My question is how far can a manager verbally abuse an employee before it has to be stopped. This is a very long story but i will just touch on some . I have been having problems with this manager for about 1 year . He has threatned my job and used foul lanagauge with me screaming and yelling at me. I went to our vice CEO and told him about this, he did not reaponsed to me . The abuse has just increase since. I worked with him, the abusive manager, on Nov. 30 and it was really bad. He would threaten me,than tell me how I was going to get a raise in pay. I than on Dec. 1 wrote a letter to our HR dept. about this manager. I got no reaponse from them . After 2 phone calls I was able to speak to HR with no help from them . 3 weeks after I sent the letter another manager asked me if I had called HR about the abusive manager. I gave no reaponse . When I than talked with HR about a week later they told me that they had really no done anything and were not finding the things that I said about this manager from other people . I expressed to HR that he knows about this and he is going to be doing my proformence package for the year and I was concerned because he would get me back for the letter. HR stated that he would stupid if he did. Well it came time for proformence package day. I came in 2nd in our state and had the most new business out of all in the state. He rated me the worst in the state and took all my salary and car expense away. That is a 12000 pay cut for me...I feel he did this to get back at me and he won ..WHAT CAN I DO IF ANYTHING.I live in Arizona

[Edited by jfu111 on 01-16-2001 at 09:22 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">