• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Protection from my mother in law.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

olan

What is the name of your state? MA,

My father in law has died and my mother in law in charge of the estate. She has informed my husband and his siblings that "there will be no will and that she is not hiring any attorneys", "when I die, all the problems will belong to you kids". She has outstanding debts and illegal hazardous material on one of her properties, left by her husband. Which is the reason why she does not want any attorneys or inspectors involved. My inlaws do not get along, so when my mother in law dies, it is going to be an inheritance nightmare.

After my Mother in law dies, I understand that probate keeps the file open for a year so creditors can get their money from the estate. Will the estate also have to pay for the removal of the hazardous material if this material is found out. I am trying to protect my personal assets. I don't care if the estate pays for it, I just dont want it to come out of my poket.

Olan

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">