• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

femaleA

What is the name of your state? Virginia
At a bar full of friends and aquaintances, I sat down in a booth next to a girl I know and complimented her jacket. I was not aware that she was in a really bad mood and wanted to be left alone. She let me know by pushing me out of the booth. I tossed her husbands hat at her (he had let me borrow it earlier) and it hit her in the face. I was about to walk away when I was blindsided with a smack in the face from a plastic beer pitcher that she clubbed me with. My lip and gums were cut. She is claiming she only acted in self-defense, but I had no intentions of hurting her in the first place and was walking away. Isn't self-defense supposed to be in proportion to the threat? We were both asked to leave and that was the end of that. I don't know if I should or could take any legal action. I also don't know what to do about the possibility of her going crazy on me again. Please let me know your legal-minded opinion. :confused: Thank you.

Last edited:

femaleA

Avoiding her is tricky. The only time I ever see her is at my boyfriend's band's shows. My boyfriend and his bandmates have asked her not to come to any more shows after what happened, but I don't know if she'll comply. I will not stop going to his shows out of fear that she'll show up.

fairisfair

Avoiding her is tricky. The only time I ever see her is at my boyfriend's band's shows. My boyfriend and his bandmates have asked her not to come to any more shows after what happened, but I don't know if she'll comply. I will not stop going to his shows out of fear that she'll show up.
then I would suggest that you wear a helmet. :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">