• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Warrant For Larceny & Parties To A Crime

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mister Ecua

What is the name of your state? MD

These alligations are in the state of New Mexico:

Not sure why I have a warrant for these crimes (this is another story) but I do. I found out about this warrant while being released from a holding cell on a traffic violation, one of the officers made a comment to me and told me "don't go back to NM" unless I have $2000 because I have this warrant for my arrest for Larceny & parties to a crime. I called about it and they told me it was a misdemeanor charge. The case details state the filing date was 02/06/2004 but the criminal charge details state that the charge date is 12/09/2003. I read somewhere online that NM has a 2 year statute of limitation on misdemeanor charges, what does that mean? Does this make me safe regardless?

Some Random Guy

I read somewhere online that NM has a 2 year statute of limitation on misdemeanor charges, what does that mean? Does this make me safe regardless?
No, that means they have 2 years between when the crime occurs until they charge you. They have already charged you. At this point you have a warrant for your arrest. The warrant will not go away until you go back to NM and get this taken care of.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">