• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

What can I do?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

Pa,Fred

I purchased a 2001 motorcycle from a dealer in MD, I live in PA.

The sale was to include the following items:
1) Used 2001 Yamaha V Star Classic with approx 1300 miles
2) a set of Highway " Passing" lights w/ visors on all lights
3) Factory 21" tall windshield w/ lower deflectors
4) "Complete set of "Jardine" drag pipes,and the rejetting of the carbs to tune the engine to the drag pipes.
NOTE! the salesman was told that under no circumstance
would I accept what are called "Slip On's" which
requires the cutting off of the factory pipes and
slipping the after market pipes on and anchoring them
via a clamp !

I also told the salesman that I wanted several other accessories for the bike which I would pay for on a seperate ticket. The salesman agreed to the deal with the items mentioned above.

I payed for the bike in full in order to help speeding up the delivery date as a complete bike. I was told that "all of the items would only take about a week to get in and that I should be able to pick the bike up in a week and a half.

I didnt hear from the salesman and called after a week for an up date. I was told that some of the items were in but not all, that the drag pipes werent availible due to back order. To make a long story short it's been more than a month now and most of the parts are still not in.

I was told on the second week that the drag pipes had come in and were on. The bottom line or(cutting to the chase) is this I expressly told the salesman that I "positivly did not want slip on pipes, that I didnt want my pipes cut yet when I went to pick up the bike and bring it home to wait untill the rest of the accessories to arrive I found that they had cut my pipes off and installed slip on's anyway.

I told the salesman that I had told him that under no circumstances did I want my pipes cut off and that I did not want slip on's yet that was what they did.

I refused to take possestion of the bike and left it there even though I had paid in full for the bike. Of note though I do not have a signed formal final bill of sale or sales agreement from the company.

As for my gripe, I think that the dealer owes me not only
the bike but a brand new set of OEM factory pipes to replace the ones that they cut up, and a brand new (Complete) set of drag pipes as was specified from the beginning .

Questions !
1) Should I have left the bike there,
2) Is there anything I can do to force them to stop making excuse's and to do as stated above regarding the pipe issue.

Please respond with course of action.

Thanks,

Pa,Fred

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">