• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

malicious destruction of property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

waitinMd

What is the name of your state? Md

My ex gf was charged with malicious destruction of property. She beat up her current bf. He filed charges, but did neither party showed in court, so they were dismissed. Apparently a State Trooper was called to the establishment where the violence took place.

My ex was charged with malicious destruction of property. The trooper wrote "willingly and meaningly destroyed the propery of Mr. X by kicking in his back bumper...."

Mr. X and his neighbor were listed as witnesses. Mr. X is my ex gf's bf.

My ex gf says that Mr. X and neighbor are not showing in court.

Will the charges be dropped because the witnesses do not show? It is the State vs my ex gf.

the reason I am asking is because we are in a nasty custody battle. Mr. X is ordered to stay away from the child. My ex gf and Mr. X have been beating each other up and dropping the charges repeatedly so my atty says 'they don't count if the charges are dismissed'

waitinMd

Most likely... but not guaranteed. Depends on how hard the prosecutor wants to push it.

And you're looking to use this as ammo?
No. The judge pulled her record when we went into our emergency custody hearing so he already knew about the charge. I'm just curious. They both keep filing charges against each other. I think the only ammo my atty will use, if any, would be that she is making a circus of the court. She has ignored them for almost 2 years.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">