• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

wrongful discharge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

starchaser707

Federal Motor Safety Regulation 392.3 Ill or Fatigued driver protection from employer discrimination/termination for refusing to operate equipment if safety is impaired. I reported to a dispatcher I was ill ,was going home. Saw my Workers comp. doctor-pre-existing back injury a year before,same employer. Was placed on Workers Comp. for 4 days. Employer terminated me from employment, Feb 24th 2000.I was forced to take early retirement at $500 less.Won a decision from Calif. unemployment Adm. law judge who stated it was not wilful misconduct. Currently had a hearing at Appelate Court 3rd district appealing an OSHA hearing,waiting for decision. Can I sue under VIOLATIONS OF PUBLIC POLICY, seek punitive damages in that the employer was not recognizing Federal Motor Safety Regulation 392.3,nor did they request I be seen by their doctor during or upon my release to regular duty,as is the normal case. I am 59yrs, protected under title V11, have had 4 major on the job injuries past 4 years. Have doctors disability ratings for each injury. [email protected] thank you

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">