• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

florida capias

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

needflhelp

The state is Florida

I was caught shoplifting in december of 2004 but i was not arrested. I was given a notice to appear in court and I appeared and was given pretrial diversion. I never did the diversion and then got evicted from my apartment in january of 2005. I checked the courts website and they issued a capias in june of 2005. How long is a capias valid for and how can I get rid of it? I've also been pulled over 3 times for speeding and been to court for a traffic related case. Shouldn't I have been arrested when I showed up in court?

The State

Turn yourself in

So you are a thief. The State Attorney's Office gives you a break, and lets you go to diversion. You then fail to comply with the conditions of the diversion program - to which you agreed (otherwise they wouldn't have sent you to diversion). So not only are you a thief, you are also a liar. You've been evicted from your apartment, and have been stopped for speeding three times. So we can add deadbeat, scofflaw and dangerous driver to your list of character traits. Maybe society will get lucky and you'll kill yourself on the highway - just try not to take anyone else with you.

The Capias will stay in effect until you are arrested for it. There are a couple reasons why you may not have been arrested at your traffic court appearances - but I'm not going to explain them to you so that you can figure out how to avoid it.

Why don't you just once do the right thing, and turn yourself in. Or better still - next time you're speeding, drive into something large and immovable.

Frogginwld

You know, while it's nice that you feel that you have the right to say what you want to say to others wanting to know information, what you wrote doesn't help anyone out and if you can't be helpful, then stay off of here A**hole!!!!
THanks for NOT answering what it means.... This is not helpful at all.

outhouse

[[what you wrote doesn't help anyone]] actually it was good solid advise to the OP he should turn himself in period. the rest was a bit over the top.

[[then stay off of here A**hole!!!!]] who are you to give advise your first post at this website.. your probably the OP

[[How long is a capias valid for and how can I get rid of it?]] you get rid of it by turning yourself in

quit skating the system

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">