• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

FEDERAL - Open Threat Against Life

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stopkambon

State of Residence: South Carolina
State of Offender's Residence: North Carolina

During a public forum regarding the handling of relief for victims of Hurricane Katrina, a man named Kamau Kambon (who claims to hold a doctorate) stated that it is his goal to orchestrate a means for exterminating (murdering or genocide is implied here) all persons of Caucasian decent within the United States and elsewhere. Kambon has also written a book in which he further elaborates that it is his purpose in life to share the "One Truth" that "white people must be exterminated" in order to solve the world's problems.

I know this sounds somewhat silly, but I do not feel that someone should be given carte blanche to engage in conspiracy to commit murder/genocide just because the person in question is a minority. What could happen if this lunatic gains a sizable following and begins conducting terror activities targeting Caucasians?

My question is not so much whether this is a criminal charge that could be won (although I would be interested to hear opinions), but more so whether a state or federal agency would bring the charges against Kambon and whether a court would hear the case. While Kambon obviously has some psychological issues and probably should be locked up, the goal is not so much his imprisonment as it is to draw attention to the double standards in today's society.

Thank you for your time and comments. Below, I have included a link where you can view a n online video of Kambon's performance on C-SPAN:

http://www.break.com/index/double_standard.html

CdwJava

The 1st Amendment allows even whack jobs to speak their mind.

Had his words incited someone to take action and actually kill or try to kill others based on their race and argument MIGHT be made that he incited the situation. However, those sorts of claims generally fall short of the level of proof necessary for prosecution.

- Carl

seniorjudge

Nut cases should be given as much exposure as possible.

The First Amendment should be interpreted very liberally.

Reason?

What if the censors take a dislike to YOUR speech?

stopkambon

I suppose as a follow-up, I would ask this question:

If Kambon is actively formulating - with the help of others - a plan to exterminate all Caucasians, how is this different from a high school student who writes out in his journal a plan to kill all the students in his gym class to alleviate his own social problems? I will get links as soon as I can find them, but I do recall one specific case where a student discussed such a plan on MySpace and was apprehended by the authorities and various charges were successfully brought against him.

Case A: Individual openly calls for the extermination of the Caucasian race because they are the root of all the world's problems. Claims to have plans on how to carry out the genocide.

Case B: High school student openly calls for the extermination of jocks because they are the root of all his problems in gym class. Possesses plans on how to carry out their murders.

What is the purported legal difference here?

CdwJava

stopkambon said:
If Kambon is actively formulating - with the help of others - a plan to exterminate all Caucasians, how is this different from a high school student who writes out in his journal a plan to kill all the students in his gym class to alleviate his own social problems?
It is a far cry from SAYING all white people should be exterminated to actually making plans to do so. Making plans could be considered an act in furtherance of the threat and might be a crime (depending on relevant state law).

Case A: Individual openly calls for the extermination of the Caucasian race because they are the root of all the world's problems. Claims to have plans on how to carry out the genocide.
I can CLAIM anything ... the claim is not proof.

I can confess to killing thiry people, but my confession absent proof is not valid. If he wants to show the world his plans, and the steps he has taken to carry out his plan, then maybe he can be charged.

Some people (whack jobs, mostly) come up with scenarios of how to accomplish their plans even without intending to carry them out. The plan in and of itself may not necessarily be a crime, either.

Case B: High school student openly calls for the extermination of jocks because they are the root of all his problems in gym class. Possesses plans on how to carry out their murders.
If he POSSESSES the plans, and has acted in some manner on those plans (such as conspiring with a friend, or acquiring the necessary materials) then he can likely be charged with a crime.

Of course, he could almost certainly be suspended or expelled for the threat even if he could not be criminally charged.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">