• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Illegal search and seizure and held hosstage

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Teebirdexpress

What is the name of your state? Georgia I had a visit from a Murray County Detective at 8:30PM to ask If I talk to a GBI agent. I said yes and he said he smell pot could he search my home and I said no. He said he could get a warrant and I said get one and turn to walk back in my house. He follow me and when we got to the door I told him again not to come in my house, he came in anyway. Then called a County officer to hold me hosstage in my own home till he went and got a warrant. I ask if I could call a lawyer and he said no. I needed to go to the bathroom and the offficer follow me into my bathroom and watch me piss. 2 hour later the Warrant show up and they search my house and found 7ozs of pot and a corner bag of Meth I would say $15 worth I had $4800 in my pocket and they seize that. Charge me with intent to Dist Pot , tools commision of a crime"pot grinder" , poss of meth, and crimes commited within 1000 feet of a School. And wile I was waiting for the warrant the GBI came and ask me about something I new nothing about. Now they're wanting to take my money and a lawyer wants $4500 to try to get my money back and to file a motion to suppress the evidence.

CdwJava

The detective smelled pot. He was not under any obligaction to allow you back inside to destroy evidence while he sought a search warrant. He did the right thing by calling to have someone watch you until he came back with a warrant.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">