• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Phone company problems

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

AllMakes279

I am not sure if this is the right place to post this but I found no other that is close. I own a business in Illinois and for the last 7 days my business phone has been shut off. I moved to a new location and had the new number transfered. I moved in on the 1st of January and was supposed to have a new phone line on the 8th. On the 8th I called the phone company to see why my phone was not working and was told someone was there and could not get in to the house, the problem with that excuse is that nobody needed to get in the house at all. I was told they would be out the next day and nobody showed again. This happened until my phone line was turned on Saturday the 13th. I have a new number and the phone line works but my original business number which was supposed to be forwarded, the one that I spent money to advertise for, is not currently working. I tried calling and it says it is being checked for errors, and that is what it has said for a week now. I have been without any business for two weeks because of their mistake. I am about to go out of business because of this. Is there any way I can sue them for lost revenue and advertisement money spent because of this problem. I would appreciate any help in this matter. If you have any questions feel free to email me and I will respond.

D

djdj

OK your business must be pretty lousy if after a few days in the slowest month of the year puts you in that spot!

There is business interuption insurance available but you never bought any.

UH DUH if it cant get done on the phone, WHY havent you parked yourself in the Phone Company's Top managers office and refuse to leave untill it it fixed??????

A

AllMakes279

I am a new heating and A/c business and I rely on advertising and the phone number that is advertised as my major source of business. I can't get customers through the advertising if the phone does not work.

I have been on the phone with about 20 different people at Ameritech and with supervisors. I have called them every day, twice a day and I still did not get this resolved.

This is not the slowest season in HVAC, this is the busiest season and time of year. The days I was without the phone were some of the coldest days of the year so far. And as far as business interuption insurance, that is something I was not aware of and who even offers that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">