• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Son needs answer to IRS Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

atwitsend

I have another question pertaining to the IRS. My Son was going to file TWO dependents for the time that he supported his Signaficate other and his Child. Heresay has it once again that the Mother is filing this clain also and that the Court said she could do so. How is this possible when HE DID SUPPORT them in the year 2000? I can understand from here forth - but the year 2000??? He does have prove & really needs the Refund to get himself a Lawyer! I am tired and STRESSED OUT trying to figure this mess out so I have turned to you for Guidance. Once Again any Light you could shed on this would be GREATLY Appreciated!

JETX

My suggestion:
If your son has solid facts to support his claim that he was the 'provider' for the dependents, he should file the deductions. Don't worry about 'hearsay' rumors of what someone else might, or might not, do. Let them worry about their problems, you worry about yours.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">