• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Off The Record!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jasie Loves

Jasie from VA again! Question? 10 yrs ago i got in a fight i believe because of the racial difference i was charge w/ some bogous stuff like abduction, kidnapping, armed robbery and battery. Believe me it was just a fight know one seriously got hurt but somehow i got charged with all this, i was getting harassed by the local police department and everything. However the other person wasnt showing up on numerous occassions so the courts said something about due process my lawyer said it was a good thing but is this still on my record, and can even get it off my record? thx

FlyingRon

even get it off my record? thx
No, if you were convicted of a felony, it stays on your record.
You can apply to have your civil rights restored (able to vote, etc..) in Virginia, and with a single class 6 conviction it should be a slam dunk. You need to talk to a Virginia criminal attorney.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">