• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Stautory Rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jena

What is the name of your state? Florida
My friend got a 16yo pregnant almost 2 years ago her & they now have an almost 1yo baby. Her relatives knew of the relationship & love my friend but the 16yo threatens to put him in jail if he doesn't do what she says. Can she still put him in jail?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? Florida
My friend got a 16yo pregnant almost 2 years ago her & they now have an almost 1yo baby. Her relatives knew of the relationship & love my friend but the 16yo threatens to put him in jail if he doesn't do what she says. Can she still put him in jail?
Was she 16 when you got her pregnant, or is she 16 now?

jena

Statutory Rape

he was 29 yo and a legal US permanent resident because he's from another country

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Look for him to possibly be deported if she pursues this as he committed a felony of the second degree.

794.05 Unlawful sexual activity with certain minors.--

(1) A person 24 years of age or older who engages in sexual activity with a person 16 or 17 years of age commits a felony of the second degree, punishable as provided in s. 775.082, s. 775.083, or s. 775.084. As used in this section, "sexual activity" means oral, anal, or vaginal penetration by, or union with, the sexual organ of another; however, sexual activity does not include an act done for a bona fide medical purpose.

(2) The provisions of this section do not apply to a person 16 or 17 years of age who has had the disabilities of nonage removed under chapter 743.

(3) The victim's prior sexual conduct is not a relevant issue in a prosecution under this section.

(4) If an offense under this section directly results in the victim giving birth to a child, paternity of that child shall be established as described in chapter 742. If it is determined that the offender is the father of the child, the offender must pay child support pursuant to the child support guidelines described in chapter 61.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
just curious, but where the heck are this girl's parents?? Why weren't charges filed 2 years ago???
Because daddy now wants to be a part of his child's life and mommy doesn't want to and the grandparents and such figure this is a great way to make sure of that.:rolleyes: That is my guess.

jena

Statutory Rape

The girls parents consented to the relationship & still do. This girl is threatening him to make him stay with her and not see anyone else. She also threatens him that he can't see the baby if he doesn't do whatever she says. In the Statue it says he would have to pay child support. Well, if he goes to jail, how is he going to pay child support? It doesn't make sense! Is there a limitation and which is it 3 or 5 years?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
The girls parents consented to the relationship & still do. This girl is threatening him to make him stay with her and not see anyone else. She also threatens him that he can't see the baby if he doesn't do whatever she says. In the Statue it says he would have to pay child support. Well, if he goes to jail, how is he going to pay child support? It doesn't make sense! Is there a limitation and which is it 3 or 5 years?
He is responsible for financially supporting his child. Going to jail is a case of VOLUNTARY unemployment so arrears would accrue until the time that he starts paying it back. The girl's parents CANNOT consent to their child being involved in an illegal relatinship. Technically she can prevent him from seeing the child as she has sole custody.

Just Blue

You might want to mention to this girl that since her parents (if you can call them that! ) "consented" to this relationship, they are also breaking the law and would face criminal charges. Just so she understands everyones position!;)

jena

Statutory Rape

Is there a Statute of Limitation on this? I tried figuring it out & it looks like 3 or 5 years. If this is true, how would I know which?

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Is there a Statute of Limitation on this? I tried figuring it out & it looks like 3 or 5 years. If this is true, how would I know which?
Most times the SOL does not start to toll until the minor reaches the age of majority.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">