• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Non payment of expenses

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

gene1346

I have been attempting to get an ex-employer to pay me expenses. The company corp office is in Georgia. The branch I worked for is located in Dallas, Tx and all paperwork for salary, hourly wages and expenses go to Georgia to be processed for payment.
I turned my expense report in for processing in July 1999. Since that time I have made several attempts to have the company pay me back for expenses I had when working with them.
The last I heard, the operations manager asked for more time to review the expenses. That was in early Dec, 2000. I have not been contacted since then.
I wrote a letter, sent e-mails and made numberous telephone calls and left messages to the company attempting to contact someone and get this resolved and have closure brought to the issue. I never received a call back from them. On occasion I did speak to the operations manager and he told me the Dallas Branch manager was not sending the expense paper work forward to the corp office and they were having trouble with that manager in other ways too not realated to this issue.
I am now looking at 6 months attempting to get these expenses paid back to me. The operations manager in Georgia is looking at this like it is some kind of game or joke and it is causing me a lot of problems right now as I need the money to pay bills.
The amount of the expenses prevent me from going to small claims court.
I could sure use some advice right now.

B

buddy2bear

You will have to hire a collections attorney. Sometimes just a letter from one will unjamb the logjamb.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">