• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

drumguy98

What is the name of your state? WV

I have a question and need help\Advice ASAP!
I have a friend who is 18.. I am very close to her.. from church and knowing her father and one side of the family. Last night I witnessed horrible things and yet we are all in fear of what may happen to us. Marissa is 18 years old.. and is being emotionally and psychologically abused my her mother and stepfather. Marissa last night told me she wants out of her house so badly and wants to live with her father or her sister.. or even me. The best choice is with her father.. of course. Last night I witnessed a mother who..stopped at nothing to flex her muscle and threatend us all with pressing charges (falsely) for even trying to help the 18 year old daughter. Last night Marissa called me.. and her father who went out to get her.. crying.. and begging to leave. when we arrived, her mother yelled at her told her to go inside and not talk to us.. then her mother unleashed a Horrible wrath on us.. cussing.. and yelling, and threatening to press charges on me .. her purpose is to keep her daughter captive as long as possible and away from me and her father. She threatened me with pressing charges .. saying that 6 months ago when she was 17 I took her across state lines.. and that I will be going to jail if She trys to leave or contact me. (truth is,we live in Parkersburg, WV... a river town and less than ONE mile to OH where her car broke down and needed a ride and gas. Her father was not reachable.. so I picked her up.. got gas and food and took care of her.. so I DID actually take her across state line when she was 17.. her mother NEVER said anything or tried anything.. Last night she told her mother she has feelings for me.. and her mother on top of everything ... now says if she trys leaving she will have me arrested. So, she and all of us are living in FEAR for Marissa.. she has had all means of contact taken away.. and has not been hit.. yet verbally threatened. Her mother is going by an OLD parenting plan that she has these rights until she graduates in May.. she is suffering in school, cries herself to sleep and wants out but fears for me. Can her mother press charges on me for something that happened 6 months ago that she never had a problem with before now? Marissa is 18 and wants out NOW! to live with her father.. does she have this right? I am 26 and a firefighter.. and now I'm fearing for Marissa, my job and future. Marissa is dealing with the abuse for fear of something happening to me.. that's it. I can't allow her to suffer.. what can we do? How can she get out? and am I in trouble? please help...

fairisfair

oh for crying out loud, what month is this? She graduates in May . Tell her to get her diploma, pack her bags, and leave.

drumguy98

Problem is she was trying to do that last night? Can she legally leave? .. and am I in really any real danger for what happened in the past? Even at 18 can she be held there?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">