• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

False Arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gshanks

What is the name of your state? Missouri
My employer was robbed. I was asked to come in and be interview by dectectives. I was arrested; booked, fingerprinted & photographed. I was held for 24 hours, then released becaused the charges were "Refused" (What does that mean?) There was no evidence linking me to the robbery. The dectective suggested various scenarios to explain why I would rob my employer and kept trying to get me to confess to a crime I did not commit. Will this arrest be on my permanent record? If so, how do I go about having it removed? This charge could hinder my present and future employment. How can I be arrested, in this manner? I have never had anything worst than a traffic ticket? What is the most cost efficient way to get his removed?

CdwJava

It could be that the charges were "refused" by the DA, or the court found there to be insufficient probable cause to hold you. I'm not sure what the term might include under your state's laws.

Chances are there is a way to get this "arrest" cleared from any state or local criminal record, but it might require the passage of time before application. Check the information at this site:

http://www.mshp.dps.mo.gov/MSHPWeb/PatrolDivisions/CRID/CrimRecChk.html

Call the numbers and see if they can give you some information on how to clear an arrest record. The alternative is to consult an attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">