• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probate, etc

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Magnolia

What is the name of your state? SC
I need to ask a few questions what does it mean when the is a petition for settlement, a RTSC order, a Deed of Distribution a all receipt/release from heirs and a POD right to demand for hearing mean. My inlaws died a few years ago and they died about 5 years apart however the charleston county web site says that the estate has not been settled and has been petition to reopen and the house that was left was sold without having a clear title and without my husbands signature what should we do? Your help is greatly appreciated. Thank You, :confused:

nextwife

How was the prroperty titled? Was the will probated? The sale may not have required husband's signature, depending upon how it was titled prior to death, and whether there was a will filed, and whether the will left to house in whole or in part to husband.

\He needs to first determine what happened to the first probate, how the house was held, and what happened to the second probate. And he can start with records from the probate court at the county and the Register of Deeds office.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">