• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Poa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

memyselfandi

What is the name of your state? GA
Can a co-power of attorney tell their sibling to forge their father's signature on a car title, and the car is worth about $1,500…with out the other co-power's okay?

If you need more info or have questions let me know, I don't know if this is a simple yes or no, or not.

Thanks.

moburkes

What is the name of your state? GA
Can a co-power of attorney tell their sibling to forge their father's signature on a car title, and the car is worth about $1,500…with out the other co-power's okay?

If you need more info or have questions let me know, I don't know if this is a simple yes or no, or not.

Thanks.
You're kidding, right?

This question has a VERY SIMPLY answer. No additional information is needed or wanted, unless you want to provide your name, address, and phone number.

memyselfandi

Well, no.

Well, I wasn't joking but now I feel like a idiot. Sorry.

My brother (A) and my sister have co-power of attorney for my father, who can no longer made decisions for himself. There are 5 siblings. So my brother (A) with power of attorney tells my other brother (B) who doesn't have power of attorny that he can have my father's car. My brother (B) goes to my father's house and gets the car. The title is not signed. So my brother wants the car calls brother who has power of attorney and says the title isn't signed. Brother (A) with power of attorney, says just forge dad's name, and Brother (B) does.

We are upset with brother B for forging my father's signature, but brother A, with POA, says it's ok because he told him he could. He also says it doesn't matter anyway, because when a car has so little value it doesn't matter if you have a title or not.

Do you understand now? If not, give me another sarcastic answer and I'll tell you some more dirt.

Thanks,

moburkes

It is illegal in all 50 states to forge someone's name. The brother with the power of attorney should have signed the title, in front of a notary, using the power of attorney.

You didn't need someone here to tell you that forgery is illegal. To answer your original question, yes one person can tell another to do something illegal. It would be stupid for the other person to listen.

memyselfandi

Thanks

That is what I needed. Thanks. Can't help the dumb question part, my brothers have been controlling me for years, so they just naturally expect me to believe anything they say. I am gullible, what can I say.

seniorjudge

That is what I needed. Thanks. Can't help the dumb question part, my brothers have been controlling me for years, so they just naturally expect me to believe anything they say. I am gullible, what can I say.
The only reason they are "controlling" you is because you ALLOW them to!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">