• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Money !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gina_23

A friend of mine is in jail on drug charges...He has an lawyer...His lawyer set the amount he would owe for taking this case...Now he (my friend) doesn't feel like his lawyer has his best interest in mind (trying to date his girlfriend) can my friend get his money back??? Can the lawyer just charge him for what he's done and return the money owed???

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

If the lawyer is not a zealous advocate of his client and has possible conflicts of interest (dating girlfriend), then your friend has every reason to fire him and perhaps not even have to pay him for what he has done, because what he has done might be biased/detrimental to client etc.

Your friend should fire him ASAP. Hire a new lawyer either via http://www.attorneypages.com or your state bar association, and then also file a complaint with the state bar about possible malpractice (improper motives, etc)

Without hard proof and only allegations, it will be a tough road

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">