• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Help !!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

G

Gina_23

My boyfriend sold his car to a co-worker of mine...we had a contract drawn up by a none involved 3rd person...and also had a witness sign this too...The co-worker was to make payments of 300.00 monthly to my boyfriend by mail untill the amount of 1800.00 was paid...The co-worker took possesion of the car...with the knowledge that the brakes were out and that the passenger side window was broken out from a break in that accured...He agreed to take the car as is...He then preceeded to take the car to a mechanic who told him all kinds of things are wrong with the car and now he doesn't want the car...He owes the mechanic 160.00 on this car...He doesn't want to pay it...he doesn't want the car...WHAT CAN WE DO??? We can't get the car untill 160.00 is paid...are we responsible for this cost or is the co-worker??? We will take the car back and not hold the guy to his contract but we can't get the car...there for we won't let him out...but he isn't paying us either...BIG MESS

D

David J. Miller

If you want the car back perhaps consider paying the $160 and then sueing the guy in small claims court. You probably won't get your money right away but the statue of limitations are long on judgements and interest is charged to the judgement until it is paid. Consider it an investment at a rate of 9 - 10% or whatvere the statutory interest is in your state.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">