• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

info for my father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

garyk0774

What is the name of your state? fl
My Grandfather passed away aprox 20 years ago. His left a hill stating that his estate was to be left to a hospital. At the time when he passed the hospital was under new ownership. I have been told that because the hospital changed hands that the estate should have went to his next-of-kin which was my father. Any info on the law at that time would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

Dandy Don

And WHO was it that told you that? That person most likely didn't know what he/she was talking about.

The ownership will not figure in on whether they qualify to inherit or not. Most likely if the hospital retained the same name as what is mentioned in the will, it still got paid the bequest.

What was the value of this estate?

Too bad that the legal heirs didn't consult a probate attorney back then to see if they had legal grounds to contest.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">