• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Was this Legal and Do I have recourse?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

MACSRULE

Hi There,
Bear with me as this is my first post. I worked for a company and had been there for a yr. and 4 days. They sent in a comptroller or someone from the main office to run the business. After about 4 or 5 hrs of being talked down to I abruptly quit. By the way this was in Tennessee. We were distributing clothing for one of the biggest manufacturers in the world. OK I started working for someone else not in the same field. After 2 Months I heard that the company I had previously worked for was losing the account from this major clothing manufacturer. I went to the new distributor and talked by phone with them and the gentleman said that I was conditionally hired because of my experience but that things like Moving Violations records and drug tests would have to be performed. Everything checked out, MVR was fine and passed their drug test. I learn from an employee from the place that I had worked first, the day before my interview with one of the Managers, That Comptroller from first place had placed a call to this Major Clothing Manufacturers Security Division and told them that I was a theft risk. Needless to say and with 16 yrs experience and a pretty good record I was not hired by this company. Can anyone give me advice.

Respectfully Submitted

J.D. Hardin

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">