• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

paralegal problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

ToniAbdou

Good day!
I don't know what to do about this paralegal.
I tried to go to the local clerk of court to get preprinted legal forms for custody and child support. Apparently I did not ask for the specific or correct document and they would not give me them. I called a paralegal to find out the document numbers so I could file the papers myself. The paralegal indicated she charge $500 to complete the documents and file the papers. I told her that I did not have that kind of money, nor did I expect to. I wanted to know which documents I needed and that I would complete them myself and file myself. She told me they were available at the clerk of court office. I told her I wasn't able to get them. I was very interested in finding out which documents were needed but no additional help was needed. She told me to come into her office and she would see what she could do. I arrived and she asked "are you ready". I replied "yes, I have been ready but didn't know which documents were needed". She said she had them all computerized. She asked all the relevant questions name, address,etc. and printed the documents. I signed where she indicated. Then she asked for $300. I was very upset. I reminded her of our converstation on the phone about the money and I left immediately, without the documents. She has called me several times but I do not return the call. I don't trust her. Now she keeps sending me a bill for $300. What recourse do I have? I would be willing to pay for the hour of time I spent in her office, but she has lied to my boyfriend and told him I was in the office for
over 2 hours. So I expect she wants 2 hours of pay. And she threatened to take me to small claims court.I have not responded. I want to report her to whatever licensing burea she has gotten her certificate from. I feel totally taken aback by her deception. What agency can I report this to? What kind of fair compensation is she entitled to? I don't want to "rip" her off, while not having to pay her for services I was not aware of I was expected to pay.

Thank you in advance.

Toni Abdou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">