• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

what rights do I have?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Y

yam31780

I agreed to let some friends in need borrow 5,ooo.oo$ for a car upon verbal agreement that they would pay me 400.00$ dollars @ the end of every month until it was paid for.I paid for the car and on the title it states that i am the leinholder (1st leinholder.@ first they did really well (for 2 months id say) then all of a sudden that moved out of town somehow they have the title now and still owe me 1400.00 for the car. it is now going on feb.and I still havent recieved december's payment.I have called the magistrate but all they say is file a civil case.why cant I go and reposess the car if it was a car dealership after 30 days they can.I have sent them a letter to an address that i think they are @. Because an attorney did give me some advice he told me to send them a letter of foreclosure requesting because they are now late that i am excersing my right to the complete amount due. However I know that theyre not gonna pay me they think they've got me.however this was the only adise he could give me for FREE. does anyone out ther know in the state of georgia what are my rights.I was trying to help out what I thought was two good friends now why do i have to suffer and wonder what my rights are?please give a good person some good advise.however the title as far as i know still shows me as the leinholder.thanks

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">