• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

HELP! Please reply please.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sharrahmiller

Hi, Last saturday i flipped my car (car is not registered to me it is in the persons name that i bought it from he never signed title over to me however on the bill of sale he signed it over to (example ( i john doe sold to ______- on so and so date ________ ) blank on the bill of sale and the plates on it were to a different car ok now i flipped the car on a residential street. took off running there is supposably a witness cops are trying to call me they said if i dont call them back theyre going to issue a warrant for my arrest they called the guy who sold me the car he said he sold it to me gave my name. cops left a message on my phone they said they dont know who was driving the car they want me to come and pick up some traffic tickets, but then a new message says that if i dont call them than they will issue a warrant. ok now car isnot registered to me or anyone for that matter except guy who sold it to me bill of sale states that car is sold to blank name and blank date, there is one witness, is this enough for them to issue a warrant ? i called lawyer he said dont talk to them if they have enough they will issue a warrant so if they did photo lineup and the witness picked me out than that is enough for them to do the warrant right? can someone please help out on this?

The Occultist

Also, please adhere to the rules of punctuation at least minimally as it is very, very difficult to understand your post otherwise.

outonbail

What damage was caused by this unfortunate, turned irresponsible incident? Any property damage or personal injuries resulting from this flipping car?

Why did you decide to run from the scene of the accident? Were you under the influence?

If you weren't breaking any laws when this incident happened, I don't understand why you would consider leaving the scene of an accident.

If you're posting your question here hoping to discover a way to avoid prosecution or exonerate yourself from being held liable for damages which were the result of you're operation of this motor vehicle, you're not going to like the replies you will receive.

However, it does sound as if the police have enough evidence to issue you a citation for leaving the scene of an accident and for having the wrong plates on the car. That's just for starters. Then it becomes a matter of routine to determine if you were licensed, insured and legally operating this vehicle.

To me it sounds like the police have two witnesses, the one who saw you flip the car and also the one who sold it to you. If each witness picks you're picture out as being the involved party, then you're going to have a hell of a time convincing anyone with half a brain that you weren't involved. Because of course, YOU WERE!

So do you think the person who sold you this vehicle should be the one who is held accountable for you're actions?

I suggest you face the music as to hide from it is only postponing the inevitable.

sharrahmiller

Need reply's

ok so, there is only damage to my vehicle and to one speed limit sign they had to remove,
i have a suspended license,and was intoxicated. there are no containers in the vehicle at all (alcohol) there was a witness that saw me flip the car, the person who sold it to me didnt put any name at all on the title or bill of sale to me its sold to 'BLANK' now is this enough for them to issue warrant? if so than if they have warrant issued because due to the fact that iam on probation this will violate my probation, I have 5 year suspended prison sentence, so now do i do half of the sentence since in this state it is the way. it is half of sentence, am i eligible for parole at 2 1/2 years or earlier? someone please reply. Thank You, P.S. I do plan on facing the music I just need information for my minds sake. Please reply.

Last edited:

moburkes

ok so, there is only damage to my vehicle and to one speed limit sign they had to remove,
i have a suspended license,and was intoxicated. there are no containers in the vehicle at all (alcohol) there was a witness that saw me flip the car, the person who sold it to me didnt put any name at all on the title or bill of sale to me its sold to 'BLANK' now is this enough for them to issue warrant? if so than if they have warrant issued because due to the fact that iam on probation this will violate my probation, I have 5 year suspended prison sentence, so now do i do half of the sentence since in nebraska it is half of sentence, am i eligible for parole at 2 1/2 years or earlier? someone please reply. Thank You, P.S. I do plan on facing the music I just need information for my minds sake. Please reply.
US Law Only - WHEN POSTING A QUESTION, YOU MUST INCLUDE THE NAME OF YOUR STATE

Are you saying that the name of your state is Nebraska?

Just Blue

i have a suspended license,and was intoxicated. there are no containers in the vehicle at all (alcohol) there was a witness that saw me flip the car, the person who sold it to me didnt put any name at all on the title or bill of sale to me its sold to 'BLANK' now is this enough for them to issue warrant? if so than if they have warrant issued because due to the fact that iam on probation this will violate my probation, I have 5 year suspended prison sentence, so now do i do half of the sentence since in this state it is the way. it is half of sentence, am i eligible for parole at 2 1/2 years or earlier? someone please reply. Thank You, P.S. I do plan on facing the music I just need information for my minds sake. Please reply.
ARe you drunk now? Because your post makes no sence...

seven53

Please, for the benefit of your fellow man, go to the PD and advise them of your actions. That way, you can have your parole violated, tack on some time for the DUS and traffic cites, spend a couple years in the can and...heres the best part....POSSIBLEY SPARE AN INNOCENT PERSON'S LIFE!

You have no license, are out driving drunk, operating so recklessly that you flip the car on a residential street. Thank God you didn't kill someone. The warant will be issued, I'd bet the farm on it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">