• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is this considered racial discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

Beajay1325

My supervisor made a statement that "As long as he is in a position to hire, he will never hire another black because they are lazy and have slave mentality attitudes." He is black but he treats other nationalities with respect and talks down to blacks.

I left on medical leave and eight days prior to my departure, I was demanded to perform more and more duties before I left. Due to stress, I had to leave 4 days early without pay.

A recent hire worked 1 day and had to file for a family emergency leave. She returned to work, worked two or three weeks and had to leave again. My supervisor is very sympathetic to her issues.

I just returned to work this past week and my supervisor barely spoke, has not informed of what is going on in the office, and tries to talk to me like I am ill and not able to perform my regular duties. His purpose is to have me removed from my position and replaced with one of his recent hires. Can this type of behavior be label as racial discrimation?

[Edited by Beajay1325 on 01-14-2001 at 09:36 PM]

B

buddy2bear

Okay, here's the downright truth as I know it, no punches pulled to give you warm fuzzies: Your supervisor is black, you are black. Your supervisor hired you and possibly will fire you -- he is the decision-maker (hirer/firer) -- which means: black firing black. Not good. You probably would not win an EEOC Charge for discrimination. Honest truth. Sorry. As for what he stated, it's a he said, he/she said. No witnesses who would come forward and you can bet on that because they want to keep their jobs.

You could try "dispatate treatment" and possibly "gender discrimination" (if your male) because of how the woman was treated vis-a-vis you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">