• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is It a Ticket or Jail?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jewly

What is the name of your state? California Hi does anyone know if possesion of pot for an adut is a ticket or can you be put in jail? I'm talkiing about less than an ounce of pot. I know that it is more than a ticket for miners because my daughter was just picked up for it. But I heard that the same does not apply for adults. Is this true? Thanks for your help.:eek:

CourtClerk

What is the name of your state? California Hi does anyone know if possesion of pot for an adut is a ticket or can you be put in jail? I'm talkiing about less than an ounce of pot. I know that it is more than a ticket for miners because my daughter was just picked up for it. But I heard that the same does not apply for adults. Is this true? Thanks for your help.:eek:

What were you charged with (section #)? If it was 23222b, it's a ticket.

outonbail

Possession of less than an ounce of marijuana in California gets you a ticket. $100.00 fine

But if you were to ignore the ticket, not go to court and not pay the fine, you can go to jail.

I assume this is what you were asking by posting, "possesion of pot for an adut"

CourtClerk

Also, be aware that the $100 is the base fine only. There will be court costs and penalty assessments added to that, which will take your ticket to right about $380.

outonbail

Also, be aware that the $100 is the base fine only. There will be court costs and penalty assessments added to that, which will take your ticket to right about $380.
Boy, you're not leaving them any surprises at all,,,,, You will never get to see that "Priceless" look on their faces, :eek: if they know all of the ramifications going in. :D

Jewly

Is it a Ticket or Jail?

Thank you for your reply. You answered my question. Now if someone would tell me where the spell check is on this site I would be a very happy camper:D

CourtClerk

Boy, you're not leaving them any surprises at all,,,,, You will never get to see that "Priceless" look on their faces, :eek: if they know all of the ramifications going in. :D
LOL...on the off chance that this individual ends up at my court in one of the courtrooms I supervise, I'd rather they get all the shock and arguments out now so that I don't have to hear them later. Nothing better than being blamed for a ticket I (1) didn't get or (2) didn't write. :p

Just Blue

Thank you for your reply. You answered my question. Now if someone would tell me where the spell check is on this site I would be a very happy camper:D
When you reply it is in the upper right hand corner of the reply box...it is a check mark with "abc" above it...

Jewly

Thank you so much baystategirl. Ive been trying to figure out where the spell check is for the longest time. I felt to stupid to ask about it. But now I'm glad that I did. I appreciate your time. Thanks again.:eek:

Caveman

Thank you so much baystategirl. Ive been trying to figure out where the spell check is for the longest time. I felt to stupid to ask about it. But now I'm glad that I did. I appreciate your time. Thanks again.:eek:
Good to know I love my Dandedion Wine. Who Knew? It was medicnia
poroposses or dolfins Meciaciccla.fishes. I was fo Madanna... It as wa a pretty flower.. Hic.
I love Madonna.. Isn't sje nice

Get off the floor.

garrula lingua

MJ on a driver in a vehicle is Vehicle Code 23222
MJ on the person (not driver) is Health & Safety Code 11357(b)

************They are both 'citations' (tickets).

AND they are both misdemeanors, NOT infractions.

They carry no jail time or probation, just $100 plus penalties and assessments, as correctly stated.

However, a conviction can have an effect on a driving privilege for a minor, and can affect future employment (such as: have you ever been convicted of a MISDEMEANOR).

A ticket (citation) is issued for (some) misdemeanors and all infractions.

COURT CLERK, get your info correct.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">