• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Extradition hold dropped question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

h2p000

What is the name of your state? Texas

I was arrested here in Texas on an 11 year old fugitive warrant from Ohio for a drug felony. I went to court and signed a waiver of extradition and was told Ohio had 14 days to come get me, but on the 6th day they released me and all that I was told was that Ohio dropped their hold on me by a guard at the release desk and thats all he knew.

My question is what does this mean for the warrant? Is it still active and need to be taken care of and also would Texas detain me on this again now that Ohio has dropped the hold?

Ive been trying to contact the municiple court in Ohio to find out the status of the warrant, but havent been able to get through to them yet. Is this who I should contact or someone else?

TIA for any information

Kane

The warrant is still active. They never go away, until you take care of them.

You could be arrested again, and go through the same thing again.

Sometimes they'll make an entry, showing Ohio doesn't want to extradict, if they know that in advance. I don't know much about how that part of it works. Carl might have a better idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">