• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Improper installation of home

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

kyangel7

I live in Kentucky. I purchased a new manufactured house in September of 1999. In August, 2000 we finally received the final "Installation Inspection" from the Office of the State Fire Marshal Manufactured Housing Section. This inspection revealed numerous safety violations. Since the purchase of this house, the establishment we purchased it from has since sold out & taken all the files with them. I don't know what to do at this point. We're contemplating selling it, but I am afraid it would not pass inspection.

I guess what I would like to know, is if I can legally contact the owner of the company we bought the house from to get them to fix these violations? These people are dishonest & coniving. Please tell me what options I have at this point.

Thank you,
Sherrie

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">