• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

DUID Quick Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

x3x

What is the name of your state? California

I went to court today and got the report from court, it is said that they found Meth in my system. They reschedule my court date to next week May 2 because i said not guilty and having problem speaking english. Since they have the evidence against me , do you think getting a public defender can still help me out a bit ? like lower charges ? or just plead guilty and get it over with ?.

please help

Last edited:

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state? California

i have court tomorrow and i'm shaking right now. I really need help on what to do on the first court apperance. I think i'm gonna plead Not guilty and ask for a public defender.

Anyway 1 quick question . How do u get a pd ? do you ask the judge to give you one ? , and what kind of question the judge'll ask ?
You ask the judge for a PD. The judge will want to know information about your financial situation in order to determine if you qualify for a PD. If you don't qualify, but they assign one while reviewing your financials, you'll be responsbile for paying the County back.

garrula lingua

x3x: you should keep all your questions in one thread.
Just hit the post reply button on your thread to ask additional questions.

PS: As IFlyer said, you may qualify for a PD. It only adds about $95 to your costs (even if you qualify); it would be worth it.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">