• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

More inheritance tax

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cjack

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I have posted questions in the past, but have another and need advise. I am still waiting for distribution of an estate I am a benificiery of. Executor has informed me a few months ago that the final prep was in the works for distribution. Two weeks ago I received another email and she stated that now it was going to take more time because the State of NJ says she needs to pay an additional sum of money in inheritance tax. A large sum of Inheritance tax was paid in 05. What do you think is going on now? She will not tell me anything or give me an explination. It will be 2 years in May that the deceased has passed. I am not allowed to contact the attorney who is handling the estate, so I am just reaching out for answers. Why after the state has done the audit, which took over a year, would they say there is more tax due? :confused:

seniorjudge

Q: What do you think is going on now?

A: We're not mind readers. If you aren't a mind reader either, then get a complete copy of the file from the probate court.

xylene

What is the name of your state? New Jersey
I have posted questions in the past, but have another and need advise. I am still waiting for distribution of an estate I am a benificiery of. Executor has informed me a few months ago that the final prep was in the works for distribution. Two weeks ago I received another email and she stated that now it was going to take more time because the State of NJ says she needs to pay an additional sum of money in inheritance tax. A large sum of Inheritance tax was paid in 05. What do you think is going on now? She will not tell me anything or give me an explination. It will be 2 years in May that the deceased has passed. I am not allowed to contact the attorney who is handling the estate, so I am just reaching out for answers. Why after the state has done the audit, which took over a year, would they say there is more tax due? :confused:
Get your own lawyer if you can't get a straight answer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">