• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Terrorist Threat charge negated but school holding due process hearing

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MaeUSA40

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania - Central Dauhin School District
My daughter was accused of terrorist threats last Friday. I was called to the school and without given the opportunity to see/talk to her, told that she was going to be arrested and taken to a juvenile facility. When I fell apart, the detective phoned the DA and came back to tell me that they had to arrest her, but that the juvenile facility was only a measure they could decide on after seeing/talking with her. They asked for my permission to talk to her, which I gave them, and told me to leave the school and go to the police station and they would bring her there after questioning her.

When I spoke to the police officer at the PD, they told me that they did more investigating at the school and because the accusers story was they didn't hear her say it, someone told them she said it, and it seemed as though there was no grounds, they dropped the charges. However, when they collected her personal belongings from class she had a 'journal' which she had written questionable things, they wanted her phychologically evaluated. So I agreed to involving Crisis Intervention (CI) and the police took her to the hospital until CI could come in to talk with her. She was released with an understanding that I am to setup phsychiatric therapy through out insurance.

In the meantime, I took off work Monday morning to call the school before sending her in, and I was informed that there will be a 'Due Process Hearing' Wednesday afternoon to see how many days suspension she will get from this" It's already been Fri, Mon and Tues and tomorrow before the hearing. It was suggested in the letter that I may bring 'representation' if I choose? Are they referring to a lawyer? We can't afford a lawyer..... My greatest concern is that this isn't even LEGALITY BASED... this is the School Board hearing... should I be concerned about anything.... I feel like the schools make there own rules... is there still a letter of the law they have to follow? This just doesn't feel right! I'm soo sorry.. I don't know what I need to do for this hearing tomorrow?What is the name of your state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">