• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

husband sentenced to 120 dys for first off.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Michel929

What is the name of your state? Texas

My husband was sentenced to 120 days jail time for dwi with open container. We have been wondering if he will serve all 120 dys. or only a portion. any responses would be valued. He already has done 65dys.:confused:

FlyingRon

My husband was sentenced to 120 days jail time for dwi with open container. We have been wondering if he will serve all 120 dys. or only a portion. any responses would be valued. He already has done 65dys.:confused:
There would seem to be something more to this story than you are letting on. An actual 120 day sentence would be uncommon.

seniorjudge

Yes, why did he get off so easy?

gawm

He is already more than half way there.:) I would use the rest of the time to relax and do the things you want to do.:cool:

Ptorian

Gotta be more to the story...

Yeah, I mean 120 days for a first offense...... Something's gotta be missing from this story.

Kane

If it's time as a condition of probation, he has to serve the whole 120 days.

Otherwise, he should be getting "good conduct time," which would cut his time in half.

Call the jail and ask. They should be able to tell you his release date, and whether he's getting 2 for 1 credit, or has court costs or fines to pay.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">